What is MI paste?
MI Paste is a water-based, sugar-free topical paste that comes in a tube like toothpaste. When applied directly to your teeth, it can help condition, protect and rebuild your teeth’s surface. MI Paste uses calcium and phosphate to replenish these minerals in your teeth and strengthen them.
MI Paste is unique in that is it the only product for professional use that contains the active ingredient RECALDENT™, a special milk derived phosphopeptide that binds calcium and phosphate to tooth surfaces.
MI Paste restores the oral mineral imbalances that cause demineralization by replacing minerals while improving saliva flow and fluoride absorption, as well as soothing sensitive surfaces.
What dental conditions can MI Paste help remedy?
- Dentists and patients have found success using MI Paste to treat or as part of treatment for:
- Alleviating dry mouth caused by certain medications and medical treatments
- Reducing high oral acid levels from excessive soft-drink consumption, although the best treatment is to avoid consumption of soft drinks
- Helping with tooth sensitivity before or after professional cleaning
- Helping pregnant women who may have high oral acid levels associated with pregnancy
- Buffering acids produced by oral bacteria and plaque
- Preventing white spot lesions that can occur during orthodontic treatment
- Providing a topical coating to ease suffering from acid erosion, caries and conditions arising from dry mouth, often medication-induced
How do I use MI Paste?
MI Paste™ is very easy to apply. Use a small bit of paste and leave undisturbed for Five minutes. Or simply take a small pea-sized dab of paste on your finger or a cotton swab and rub the paste over your teeth’s surface. Do not rinse, so the paste can absorb into the surface.