General & Cosmetic Dentist in Washington D.C.
Dental Implants Procedure
If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may be embarrassed by the gaps in your smile. Maybe you’ve been living with partial or full dentures, but you feel nervous about everyday activities. Perhaps you wish there was some way, without dentures, to restore the function of your teeth and the appearance of your smile. Dental Implants should be considered the contemporary state of the art method of tooth replacement.
For these situations, Dr. Singer may recommend dental implants. With this treatment, he surgically places a small titanium cylinder in your jawbone as a substitute for tooth roots to anchor a single crown, bridge, or denture in your mouth. In most procedures, the implant is placed during one appointment. After it heals, the crown, bridge, or denture is applied.
Dental implants are an ideal option for anyone who is in good general oral health and has lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease or trauma. When Dr. Singer applies them, most patients are surprised by how remarkably similar implants feel and look to their natural teeth. Dental implants can:
- Improve the appearance of your smile. Our dental implants are designed to make your smile look natural.
- Restore the function of your natural teeth. You can speak clearly, eat the foods you want, and do other activities as you did with your natural teeth with confidence. With denture-supported implants, there’s no risk of dentures coming loose or falling out.
- Preserve the integrity of your facial structure. With missing teeth and dentures, you may lose bone structure in your jaws, causing your face to shrink and age. Implants maintain bone structure over time.
- Maintain your dental health. With implants, Dr. Singer doesn’t need to place support crowns on healthy teeth, as is the case with bridges. There are also no clamps putting pressure on surrounding teeth, as with partials. Dental implants reverse bite imbalance, drifting teeth, and other damage that missing teeth cause.
- Be maintained easily. Simply brush and floss as if they were natural teeth. There are no special adhesives or cleaners.
- Restore self-esteem. A healthy, natural smile, without fear of loose or falling dentures makes implant patients feel more confident.
Best of all, Dr. Singer uses the best materials and technology available for dental implants. His team of dental artisans can create beautiful and life-like high quality crowns, bridges, and dentures (Washington dc dentures). Dr. Singer can perform the implant surgery in our practice and he uses dental implants made by Astra Tech and Straumann.
Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper home care and regular check-ups. They are so natural-looking and feeling, you may forget you ever lost a tooth. If you think dental implants may be right for you, call our practice to schedule a consultation with Dr. Singer.
For information regarding Washington DC Cosmetic gum surgery please contact us today and see how Dr. Singer and his team can help you.
Dr. Jeffrey Singer offers LASER treatments for periodontitis to achieve improved periodontal health. [See section on LASER] Laser procedures offer alternative treatments that are less traumatic than conventional flap surgery with scalpel incisions and sutures and conserve healthy tissue. Light energy from the laser is directed through a tiny fiber that removes diseased tissue and aids in reducing bacteria associated with the disease. When the area is thoroughly cleaned, the body can heal normally.
For more information on the dental implants we use, please go to www.LikeNaturalTeeth.com
Contact Us today to Schedule your Dental Visit!