General & Cosmetic Dentist in Washington D.C.
If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may be embarrassed by the gaps in your smile. Maybe you’ve been living with partial or full dentures, but you feel nervous about everyday activities. Perhaps you wish there was some way, without dentures, to restore the function of your teeth and the appearance of your smile. Dental Implants should be considered the contemporary state of the art method of tooth replacement.
For these situations, Dr. Singer may recommend dental implants. With this treatment, he surgically places a small titanium cylinder in your jawbone as a substitute for tooth roots to anchor a single crown, bridge, or denture in your mouth. In most procedures, the implant is placed during one appointment. After it heals, the crown, bridge, or denture is applied.
Dental implants are an ideal option for anyone who is in good general oral health and has lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease or trauma. When Dr. Singer applies them, most patients are surprised by how remarkably similar implants feel and look to their natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved appearance of your smile. Our dental implants are designed to make your smile look natural.
- Restores the function of your natural teeth. You can speak clearly, eat the foods you want, and do other activities as you did with your natural teeth with confidence. With denture-supported implants, there’s no risk of dentures coming loose or falling out.
- Preserves the integrity of your facial structure. With missing teeth and dentures, you may lose bone structure in your jaws, causing your face to shrink and age. Implants maintain bone structure over time.
- Maintains your dental health. Dr. Singer doesn’t need to place support crowns on healthy teeth, as is the case with bridges. There are also no clamps putting pressure on surrounding teeth, as with partials. Dental implants reverse ones bite imbalance, drifting teeth, and other damage that missing teeth cause.
- Easily maintained. Simply brush and floss as if they were natural teeth. There are no special adhesives or cleaners.
- Restored self-esteem. A healthy, natural smile, without fear of loose or falling dentures makes implant patients feel more confident.
Best of all, Dr. Singer uses the best materials and technology available for dental implants. His team of dental artisans can create beautiful and life-like high quality crowns, bridges, and dentures. Dr. Singer can perform the implant surgery in our practice and he uses dental implants made by Astra Tech and Straumann.
Everyone wants to look and feel good because it is important to all of us. Maintaining a healthy and attractive smile throughout your life is beneficial. A healthy mouth goes with a healthy life. Every adult of any age can benefit from smile-improving dental options.
Dental implants provide an option to a look and feel that is extremely close to natural teeth. Implants are titanium posts surgically placed beneath the gums because titanium is proven to be compatible with bone and other tissues.
Are you missing one or more teeth?
Be aware of the importance to your appearance and dental health of replacing missing teeth. All of your teeth work as a unit for chewing, speaking, and smiling. Missing teeth make it difficult to chew, speak, or smile. A missing back tooth may cause your mouth to change and your face will look older. Missing teeth can be replace and should be replaced.
- Implants are like a natural tooth. Implants are most similar to a natural tooth.
- They may decrease or help to present shrinkage of the jawbone.
- Fuses to the bone in your jaw so that the new tooth is stable. Bone holds the implant in place. You have a natural looking tooth that functions like your original tooth.
You have an artificial type of root in your jawbone with a crown that you can see. A metal post beneath the gum inserted by the dentist will fuse to the bone in your jaw and act like a root of a tooth. A replacement crown on the metal post is designed to blend with your own teeth.
Implants are an excellent replacement for teeth because they are secure and stable. They require surgery and the patient should be in good health, have adequate bone to support the implant, and be a good candidate for surgery. Additionally, the patient must be committed to thorough oral hygiene every day and regular dental visits.
A full evaluation by Dr. Jeffrey Singer will help determine if you would be a good candidate. You must be in good health with adequate bone mass in the jaw.
Placing implants involves surgery. Then there is a waiting period required for the bone to grow around the implant so that it is held in place. Sometimes Dr. Singer may use techniques that allow immediate use of the implant. A second surgery is required to attach a post to connect the replacement teeth (crowns or bridges). With some implants, the implant and post are one unit place during the same visit.
Dr. Jeffrey Singer uses the most sophisticated and best quality of implants – STRAUMANN and ASTRA. Implant surgery is done in the dental office. A local or general anesthetic or sedation dentistry may be used. Pain medications and antibiotics are prescribed when necessary. Dr. Singer will give you instructions on diet and oral hygiene.
How painful is an implant?
Almost all patients say it is far less painful than an extraction or root canal. Many of our patients report no pain or discomfort at all. Anesthesia and sedatives will eliminate virtually all discomfort during the procedure. Many implants are achieved in one visit. Dental implant placement is far more simple and predictable than ever before.
Dental implants provide replacement teeth that look natural and they feel secure. Dental implants are also be used to support full or partial dentures. It is possible to eliminate the need to remove your dentures every day.
Implants attach artificial teeth directly into the jaw. Surgery is required, therefore candidates for dental implants should have good genera health and adequate jawbone to support the implant. Implants help to preserve the jawbone where teeth were lost.
Investing in your smile makes sense – in today’s world you must look your best at all times. Be confident in your ability to make a great impression. Your new smile will open many doors.
Mini Dental Implants Washington DC
Imagine visiting your dentist in the morning, having the “mini-implant system” denture implants placed in under two hours, and then enjoying lunch with a friend at your favorite restaurant! And during your relaxing lunch, you eat comfortably, laugh and talk with confidence, your new denture securely and firmly held in place.
The IMTEC MDI System are “mini implants” that are about ½ of diameter of conventional implants. The system was developed to provide denture stability for patients who are not candidates for conventional implant surgery. The miniature titanium implants provide secure anchorage of your denture. The denture rests on the gum tissue and the implant fixtures allow for tiny movements while still withstanding lifting forces. Placement of the MDI System is relatively fast, straight forward and performed at your dentist’s office; it is a one-step procedure that involves minimally invasive surgery with no sutures. And healing time is shorter than conventional implants surgery.
If you already wear dentures, implants can save the day by replacing pesky, floating dentures. Implants restore comfort and confidence.
Dental implants are artificial replacement tooth roots. Dental Implants help offer a strong foundation for permanent fixed or removable replacement teeth. The dental implants are made to match your natural teeth and help improve your overall natural smile. Dental implants are a good choice for people with lost teeth or tooth. They are often one of the best choices to help with replacement teeth.
The Advantages of Implants
There are many advantages with dental implants that can provide you with the smile you are looking for.
- Our dental implants will help provide you with an improved appearance, and they will look and feel like your own teeth.
- They eliminate the discomfort that is associated with dentures.
- You will be able to speak more clearly as opposed to having poorly fitted dentures. No need to worry about the dental implants slipping.
- Eating and chewing is now much easier. Our dental implants function just like they are your own teeth
- Dental implants can also provide you with an improved oral health, as they don’t require reducing your other teeth, as would with a tooth supported bridge.
- Our implants are extremely durable and with proper care can last a lifetime.
- With implants, you do not need to worry about the implants slipping, as can happen with dentures and the adhesives.
- Lastly, it will help you improve your smile, lift your self esteem and help you with feeling better.
With dental implants, the success rates vary but tend to be very high and it depends on where the implants are placed within your jaw. Generally, they have a high success rate, and with appropriate care, your dental implants can last you a lifetime.
Anyone looking to have dental implants should have gums that are healthy and enough bone to embrace the implant. Ultimately, any dental patient that goes through routine oral surgery or a routine dental extraction can be considered for a dental implant. The patient must have proper oral hygiene and have standard dental visits. You will need to be evaluated to help determine if dental implants are the right choice for you.
Contact Dr. Singer today to see if Dental Implants are the right choice for you.
Contact Us today to Schedule your Dental Visit!