General & Cosmetic Dentist in Washington D.C.
Dental Implants in Washington DC
Permanent Tooth Crown Replacements
If you’ve lost one or more teeth, you may be embarrassed by the gaps in your smile. Maybe you’ve been living with partial or full dentures, but you feel nervous about everyday activities. Perhaps you wish there was some way, without dentures, to restore the function of your teeth and the appearance of your smile. Dental Implants should be considered the contemporary state of the art method of tooth replacement.
For these situations, Dr. Singer may recommend dental implants. With this treatment, he surgically places a small titanium cylinder in your jawbone as a substitute for tooth roots to anchor a single crown, bridge, or denture in your mouth. In most procedures, the implant is placed during one appointment. After it heals, the crown, bridge, or denture is applied.
Dental implants are an ideal option for anyone who is in good general oral health and has lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease or trauma. When Dr. Singer applies them, most patients are surprised by how remarkably similar implants feel and look to their natural teeth. Dental implants can:
- Improve the appearance of your smile. Our dental implants are designed to make your smile look natural.
- Restore the function of your natural teeth. You can speak clearly, eat the foods you want, and do other activities as you did with your natural teeth with confidence. With denture-supported implants, there’s no risk of dentures coming loose or falling out.
- Preserve the integrity of your facial structure. With missing teeth and dentures, you may lose bone structure in your jaws, causing your face to shrink and age. Implants maintain bone structure over time.
- Maintain your dental health. With implants, Dr. Singer doesn’t need to place support crowns on healthy teeth, as is the case with bridges. There are also no clamps putting pressure on surrounding teeth, as with partials. Dental implants reverse bite imbalance, drifting teeth, and other damage that missing teeth cause.
- Be maintained easily. Simply brush and floss as if they were natural teeth. There are no special adhesives or cleaners.
- Restore self-esteem. A healthy, natural smile, without fear of loose or falling dentures makes implant patients feel more confident.
Best of all, Dr. Singer uses the best materials and technology available for dental implants. His team of dental artisans can create beautiful and life-like high quality crowns, bridges, and dentures (Washington dc dentures). Dr. Singer can perform the implant surgery in our practice and he uses dental implants made by Astra Tech and Straumann.
Everyone wants to look and feel good because it is important to all of us. Maintaining a healthy and attractive smile throughout your life is beneficial. A healthy mouth goes with a healthy life. Every adult of any age can benefit from smile-improving dental options.
Dental implants provide an option to a look and feel that is extremely close to natural teeth. Implants are titanium posts surgically placed beneath the gums because titanium is proven to be compatible with bone and other tissues.
Are you missing one or more teeth? Be aware of the importance to your appearance and dental health of replacing missing teeth. All of your teeth work as a unit for chewing, speaking, and smiling. Missing teeth make it difficult to chew, speak, or smile. A missing back tooth may cause your mouth to change and your face will look older. Missing teeth can be replace and should be replaced.
- Implants are like a natural tooth. Implants are most similar to a natural tooth.
- Implants may decrease or help to present shrinkage of the jawbone.
- Implants fuse to the bone in your jaw so that the new tooth is stable. Bone holds the implant in place. You have a natural looking tooth that functions like your original tooth.
You have an artificial type of root in your jawbone with a crown (Washington DC tooth crown) that you can see. A metal post beneath the gum inserted by the dentist will fuse to the bone in your jaw and act like a root of a tooth. A replacement crown on the metal post is designed to blend with your own teeth.
Implants are an excellent replacement for teeth because they are secure and stable. Implants require surgery and the patient should be in good health, have adequate bone to support the implant, and be a good candidate for surgery. Additionally, the patient must be committed to thorough oral hygiene every day and regular dental visits.
A full evaluation by Dr. Jeffrey Singer will help determine if you would be a good candidate. You must be in good health with adequate bone mass in the jaw.
Placing implants involves surgery. Then there is a waiting period required for the bone to grow around the implant so that it is held in place. Sometimes Dr. Singer may use techniques that allow immediate use of the implant. A second surgery is required to attach a post to connect the replacement teeth (crowns or bridges). With some implants, the implant and post are one unit place during the same visit.
After a healing period, a replacement tooth (crown or bridge) is begun. The replacement is made and fitted to the post portion of the implant.
For implants, Dr. Jeffrey Singer uses the most sophisticated and best quality of implants – STRAUMANN and ASTRA. Implant surgery is done in the dental office. A local or general anesthetic or sedation dentistry may be used. Pain medications and antibiotics are prescribed when necessary. Dr. Singer will give you instructions on diet and oral hygiene.
How painful is an implant? Almost all patients say it is far less painful than an extraction or root canal. Many of our patients report no pain or discomfort at all. Anesthesia and sedatives will eliminate virtually all discomfort during the procedure. Many implants are achieved in one visit. Dental implant placement is far more simple and predictable than ever before.
Dental implants provide replacement teeth that look natural and they feel secure. Dental implants are also be used to support full or partial dentures. It is possible to eliminate the need to remove your dentures every day.
Implants attach artificial teeth directly into the jaw. Surgery is required, therefore candidates for dental implants should have good genera health and adequate jawbone to support the implant. Implants help to preserve the jawbone where teeth were lost.
Investing in your smile makes sense – in today’s world you must look your best at all times. Be confident in your ability to make a great impression. Your new smile will open many doors.
Contact Us today to Schedule your Dental Visit!